At first, the beginning of Indian railways goes back to the first track laid between Bombay and thane in the middle of the 1800s
Indian railway is essentially a type of government department with commercial services. It is a kind of public sector job which attracts a lot of attention for its proper stability in employment- from among all the candidates who have no college degrees, for a minor part, to those contenders who wants to crack some of the most reputable exams in the country to be appointed into its higher up positions.
Due to its significant massivity, the departmental structure of the Indian railways has been divided into 17 zones, ie. Central railway, northern railway, southeastern railways, and thereby recruitment.
Advantages of Railway jobs
- Government jobs are secure with benefits like housing allowance, living quarters, transport allowance, medical benefits, and many more.
- The grade A officer positions are quite competitive and extremely prestigious.
- Salaries, especially after the 6th and 7th pay commission, are quite competitive. Always there are many more opportunities for building your savings.
- The athlete’s players use the sports quota to secure entry into the Indian railways also, apart from that not available in private firms.
Disadvantages of Railway jobs
- Chances of job growth are not as directly related to merit as it is in the private sector. Frequently senior employees, without commendable reliability, turn to encourage before the more worthy newer employees.
- This is a transferrable job, family stability is being disturbed keeping the other half from undergoing a secure constant job in one place. Children also face problems because of the transferred locations.
- We all know that the nature of railway jobs is demanding on the routine.” work shifts” are not conventional, often invading personal family space.
The different types of government jobs are:
- Group-A employees
- Group-B employees
- Group-C and D employees
- HAG: 7th CPC pay levels
- Group-A is a high ranking in terms of appointment and authority. It is known that the pay scale is generally variable to the type of government.
- Group A Employees: those employees who get appointed into this type of group are officials and are also properly employed at different types of managerial positions across governments which are also one of the highest available jobs.
- The basic pay scale of the officials appointed in the group- A can range anywhere between Rs 37,400 to Rs 90,000 depending upon the administration.
- Group-B (Gazetted officers) Employees: the authority of a group-B gazette officer is similar to that of a group A officer.
- Mainly the wages scale of the public servant selected in the process group B can line up between Rs 15,600 to 39,100 or additional is completely dependent upon the administration.
- Group-B Employees: The primary differentiation between the gazette and non-gazetted employees of the government is that the preceding can permit the issuance of official government stamps whereas, the latter cannot. The office-holder has many more administrative roles. the Employees working in public sector agreements (PSU) and national banks drop down under the category along with office supervisors.
- The primary reward scale range is mainly depending on the pay band of the administration.
Group-C & D
- Group-C & D Employees: these are the public servants who are posted in various non-supervisory roles. Even though, the applicant working in this position, and equally maximum of the various place in the sector issued by the government will be promoted to higher levels also. Individuals working at these positions. These contenders have been selected via the SSC (staff selection commission) entrance examination.
- Group D is the bottom of the government. Previously in the 6th pay commission pay scales, these groups of employees were in the pay band of Rs5200-20200 grade pay Rs 1800. Peon, cleaner, Driver, guard barber, etc.
- The 7th pay commissions are a type of merging of the Group- C and D so that they can come in the same pay band. Except for, the occupation is quiet as they were still a remarkable variance between the basic reward of a group D employee and a group C employee. The take-home starting salary of the group – C employee most likely ranges between Rs 18,000 to 29,200.
The higher official grades are ‘higher administrative grades’. Mainly rewards as matrix levels 15 to 18 are the HAG scale with beginning basic salary above Rs. 182200 in 7th pay commission recommended for band pay Rs. 67000-79000.
Most probably all of the government officers who are in group-A are recruited by the public service commission in India to start their career at the pay level of 10 and then get promoted.
In conclusion, after a deep study on the topic of what are the types of railway jobs, it covers the objectives which I have set ( complete information about what are the types of railway jobs . how it works and what are the advantages and disadvantages of railway jobs and most important what types of jobs these are.)
I mainly observe here after a collection of knowledge about railway and its different jobs. There are many types of government jobs in India at different payment levels. Before applying you need to know all the details about group A, B, C, and D categories of government jobs.
We can search all the latest jobs in all state-wise on the website also. We can immediately know the new upcoming 12th pass government jobs in various popular cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi, etc. these job opportunities are mainly provided by the government for the employers. Those who are eligible to grab the opportunity use the clear examination and get the job. I believe this is the job that provides the best future for the employee’s family and makes secure life. It is the perfect job in a country that provides candidates with a better life and a proper lifestyle. This is the dream job of every candidate and their family because of the facilities provided by the government.
You may refer to this video if you want the explanation in Hindi